Here are some tips for Curly Hair:
- I normally use mousse & then some sort of curl cream or lotion. I don't like my curls to be crunchy or wet looking. I typically don't ever use gel, for that reason.
- I can either sleep on it wet, let it air dry, or sleep on it wet.
- Plopping - Yes, you heard me right. Hair plopping is a real thing! If your hair is to heavy & you would like to enhance your curls, give it a try!
- Redken just released their Curvaceous line. I love their Ringlet & Wind up.
- If you are struggling with your curls, you should really read The Curly Girl by Lorraine Massey. She is a salon owner in New York & she has amazing curly hair. Some of her methods are a bit extreme. No shampooing, don't flat iron, or don't use normal towels. But, her methods seem to really work. This picture below is of a girl who followed the curly girl method for 6 weeks. Look at the difference in her curls!!! (Click on the picture to see how she did it)
So, get on Amazon or go to your library & get the curly girl book. Read it & do it. See what you come up with. Try giving it 6 weeks like she did! Those are amazing results!!! I would love to hear about your results!